|CM Sports (UK) Ltd – Dance Area Manager
Ideally to start April 2017 – dates flexible for the right candidate
CM Sports (UK) Ltd are seeking a Dance Area Manager to oversee the development of a new dance department in the GU postcode area (starting in Liss, Alton, Farnham and Farnborough). Working in partnership with our internal Dance Area Manager you will be creating a new dance programme that satisfies and challenges curricular and extracurricular objectives, works in conjunction with our already thriving multi-sports programme and that offers our client base exceptional customer service. We are looking for someone who has the drive, personality and creativity to take dance education to the next level.
CM Sports (UK) Ltd was founded on 16th December 2008 by Nicholas Evans, Mathew Northcott and Luke White with the main aim of being the top professional sports partner for schools in and around Hampshire.
We have grown steadily since then, and currently our main products / services are:
- PPA (planning, preparation and assessment cover for teachers)
- PE and fitness lessons
- Breakfast, Lunchtime and After School Clubs
- Sports days and tournaments
- Supplier of Hummel Leisure, Trophies and Awards
- Advanced Player Centre
We have a permanent, full time workforce of 12 including 3 apprentices, a full-time secretary and a large team of self-employed coaches who work ad hoc as well as self-employed administrative and operational staff. Our office is based in Liss. Our coaches work on site at various schools and colleges in and around Hampshire and collectively we currently coach in approximately 100 different institutions within a working week. All coaches are DBS, first aid and child protection trained with experience in coaching sports.
- To manage the overall day-to-day running and development of the dance department including all planning, paperwork and dance related administration
- To create a new dance programme that satisfies and challenges curricular and extracurricular objectives
- To work in conjunction with our already thriving multi-sports programme and to take on our tried and tested business model
- To develop, market and promote the dance department and all other CM Sports services/products
- To deliver exceptional levels of customer service
- To recruit, train and monitor a team of committed, ambitious and professional staff.
- To ensure compliance with CM Sports policies, procedures and professional standards
- To lead by example with a hands-on approach
- To report directly to the CM Sports Directors
Experience & Requirements:
- A proven track record in delivering dance to children
- An ability to inspire, educate and champion children
- Demonstrable people management and leadership skills
- High levels of presentation skills and outstanding professional standards
- A comprehensive understanding of primary education or a strong willingness to learn this
- The ambition and desire to increase the participation and profile of dance in and outside of school hours
- A strong interest in all areas of dance and other sports
- Some awareness of business operations and financial acumen
- Accredited qualifications in dance and/or the performing arts
- A full driving license with unlimited access to their own vehicle
- A current DBS and safeguarding certificate, ideally first aid trained
The ideal candidate will need the following personal qualities:
- The motivation and enthusiasm to lead a team and work as part of a wider team
- An infectious passion for dance and people
- Sociable and friendly personality
- Creative problem solver
- A positive outlook
- A strong desire and focus to go above and beyond
- The belief that they are a strong role model
In exchange for your commitment to run the business we will reward you with;
- A strong starting salary.
- A profit related bonus scheme.
- Introduction to the work place pension scheme.
- Ongoing incentives and rewards.
- The chance to be part of an ambitious and personable company fronting a new department from the start with the opportunity to progress
If you think you have what it takes to take dance education with children to the next level, then we want to hear from you!
Job Type: Full-time
- GU postcode area starting in Liss, Alton, Farnham and Farnborough (CM Sports office is based in Liss)
START APRIL/MAY 2017 – dates flexible for the right candidate
Application: Please send your CV and a covering letter (no longer than one side of A4) plus two professional references to the email provided. Deadline is 31st March 2017.
Please note the successful candidate will have to pass our pre-employment checklist before offer of employment is confirmed.